Thursday, June 9, 2011

Getting into routine

Everything is going really smooth now, and the kids are really enjoying the activities im teaching. Today we finally hit in baseball and it was impressive how well some were able to hit. Its a bit hot today, but not humid which is great. Ping Pong is a big hit, i made up a game where everyone can play at once and everyone is always involved, the kids come everyday so excited to play the game again. I call the group the tribe and once someone is out, everyone tells them the tribe has spoken and they go play on the other table. I have ping pong actually next period and it should be fun. Last night our kids finnaly sat down and had a serious conversation with me and Clark (co-counselor) Some scary stories were told so we had to leave the bathroom lights on. Im putting up a picture of my name tag that everyone gets ( gets darker the longer your here, this was taken a few days ago) Along with my counselor shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment